Chronic Care Management
Chronic Care Management: In-Between-Visits
Under your Medicare insurance, you are entitled to receive Chronic Care Management, allowing your doctor to provide more services for you in-between visits. Some of these services may include:
Extensive Care Coordination
This means we will coordinate your care between you, your doctor and the other providers you use (Specialists, Labs, Pharmacies, and others), making sure that everyone is communicating with each other and that we all know what is happening with your health.
We will make sure that your primary doctor knows about the medications you have been prescribed by other specialists you see, so that you are not taking the wrong mix of medications or taking too much of something.
We will call you in-between-visits to keep you on track.
We will make sure you can contact a healthcare professional whenever you need one, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Preventative Care Coordination
We will review your medical record on a regular schedule to make sure that you have received all recommended preventative services and screenings.
This service allows us to better provide for your healthcare needs and we would like to encourage all of our eligible patients to participate.
You are entitled by Medicare to receive Chronic Care Management if you have two or more chronic conditions that will probably last at least 12 months. That means you are entitled to at least 20 minutes of time every month, for a healthcare professional to manage your care, both by calling you and by working behind the scenes with others who provide care for you.
Medicare pays for this for Medicare eligible patients, with a small copay of about $8 a month. If you have supplemental coverage or Medigap, you may have no copay or reduced copay.
Our Care Center is working 24/7 to manage your care, even while you sleep. Here are some of the many things we can do for you:
- Help with your appointments – making sure they are set and then call to remind you to go, making appointments easier to schedule when you need them.
- Make sure you have a way to get to your appointments and help you find a way to get there, if needed.
- Make sure your prescriptions are ordered and filled.
- Help you find a way to pay for your prescriptions, if you can’t afford to do so.
- Call you directly to make sure you understand what medications you need to take, when you need to take them, and why you need to take them.
- Teach you how to manage your disease or symptoms.
- Help you understand what foods to eat, if you are on a special diet.
- Help you find services in your community if you need help getting food, homemaker services, help going to senior social activities, help to keep your home warm or cool, and other services, as needed.
Your CCM team is here to help you 24/7.
We know how to help you coordinate your care and we know who to call to help you receive the services you need.
Your doctor believes this service is very important for your health and would like all eligible patients to participate.
For more information, contact the Chronic Care Management Director, Heath Reep.
Paying For Care
We accept all insurance and regardless of your ability to pay. Call any Mainline site for any questions about payment.
Don’t have insurance? Don’t worry. Your health is our top priority, and the staff at Mainline Health will go the extra mile to ensure that you can afford our services. We treat people who have insurance, those who don’t, and those who don’t have enough insurance. We never turn anyone away.